Spring House of Delegates Meeting
Saturday, May 14, 2016
ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
Monroe Community College, Rochester
Driving Directions - Campus Map
Officials Meeting - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Building 8 - Room 200
- Year in review, Officials Budget, hot topics, election of Official's Chair and general discussion about swimming and officiating.
Stroke and Turn Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 8 - Room 200
- For new and re-certifying Stroke and Turn Judges.
Referee/Starter Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 9 - Room 244
- For new and re-certifying Starters and Referees.
Administrative Official Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 9 - Room 246
- For new and re-certifying Administrative Officials. It is highly recommended that those certified as Referees attend an Admin Officials Clinic, mainly to become familiar with how time resolution is handled via Meet Manager.
Meet Directors Workshop - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Building 8 - Room 300
- Meet Director's Handbook:
- Meet Director's Workshop Package: [2015 version]
- Meet Director's Workshop Slides: [2015 version]
- Meet Director's Test: [2015 test]
- Registration, Event Age and Relay Exception Reports: "how-to"
Coaches Meeting and Election - 10:30 - 12:00 Building 8 - Room 100
- Junior Coach Representative election - During the meeting the Junior Coach Representative will be determined by majority vote of coaches in good standing present and voting. A valid coach's membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Athletes Meeting - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Building 8 - Room 200
HOD Registration beginning at 12:30 - A valid athlete membership card or non-athlete membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Spring House of Delegates Meeting at 1:00 PM Building 8 - Room 300
Contributing to a House of Delegates Discussion
In the hopes of an efficient and productive meeting!
Once the previous speaker has finished and you have been acknowledged by the General Chairman…
Stand up, introduce yourself, and state the name of the swim club you are representing.
Speak clearly and concisely.
Stay on subject and avoid personal attacks.
State your motion or idea affirmatively:
“I feel that we should…,” rather than “I feel that we should not…”.
Be certain that you have a thorough understanding of the topic at hand before speaking, in order to avoid erroneous discussion!
Reading, correction and adoption of previous minutes: Fall 2015 HOD draft minutes
Reports of officers
- General Chair Report
- General Update from the Executive Director of USA Swimming
Age Group Vice-Chairman: Report
Senior Group Vice-Chairman:
Coach Representative Report: Senior Coach
Athlete Representatives Report:
- Required Policies for Clubs
- Optional Policies for Clubs
- Resources for Meet Management
- Additional Club Resources
Treasurer's Report: to be distributed at the meeting
Niagara LSC Records:
Reports of committees and coordinators
Legislation / By-Laws:
National Times Verification: Report
- Past Year - Overview
- Past Year - Frequency and Recency (sessions and page views)
- Past Year - Frequency and Recency (days since last session)
- Past Year - Types of Devices Used
- Past Year - Types of Mobile Devices Used (just for fun!)
Approval of Meet Calendar:
2016-2017 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Calendar for HOD Approval (see notes below)
1. There was no bid for the Niagara 14&U Age Group Championships as proposed on March 9-12.
2. There was no bid for the Niagara Championships as proposed on March 23-26.
3. There is an alternate proposal for a single championship meet to be held on the March 9-12 weekend that is listed on the proposed calendar.
4. We have lifted the single host restriction on the weekend of the Niagara Championship Qualifier and gone back to three. This change is necessary to accommodate the swimmers that would have been shifted to the split championship meets.
5. Technical Planning is working on finalizing the Regional Meet format (which will be sent to those hosts).
6. The stipends are listed as TBD because there is a pending proposal to eliminate the stipends (both awards and facility) but also eliminate the surcharge for those meets. We have a preliminary breakdown of how that breaks down which I will share when I have cleaned it up. Please email me if you have questions about that. Because this is a 2017 budget item it will not be decided until the Fall HOD meeting.
2016-2017 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Announcement
Proposal for By-Laws Amendment
605.7 Executive Committee
Niagara Elections - Announcement with job details
- Administrative Vice Chair
- Age Group Vice Chair
- Junior Coaches’ Representative
- Junior Athlete Representative
- Technical Planning
- Officials Chair (held at Officials meeting)
Resolutions and orders