Spring House of Delegates Meeting
Saturday, May 13, 2017
ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
Monroe Community College, Rochester
Driving Directions - Campus Map
Officials Meeting - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Building 8 - Room 200
- Year in review, Officials Budget, hot topics, and general discussion about swimming and officiating.
Stroke and Turn Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 8 - Room 200
- For new and re-certifying Stroke and Turn Judges.
Referee/Starter Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 9 - Room 244
- For new and re-certifying Starters and Referees.
Administrative Official Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 9 - Room 246
- For new and re-certifying Administrative Officials. It is highly recommended that those certified as Referees attend an Admin Officials Clinic, mainly to become familiar with how time resolution is handled via Meet Manager.
Meet Directors Workshop - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Building 8 - Room 300
- Meet Director's Handbook: PDF
- Meet Director's Workshop Package: PDF
- Meet Director's Workshop Slides: PDF
- Meet Director's Test: PDF
- Registration Exception Reports: "how-to"
Coaches Meeting and Election - 10:30 - 12:00 Building 8 - Room 100
- Junior Coach Representative election - During the meeting the Junior Coach Representative will be determined by majority vote of coaches in good standing present and voting. A valid coach's membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Athletes Meeting - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Building 8 - Room 200
HOD Registration beginning at 12:30 - A valid athlete membership card or non-athlete membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Spring House of Delegates Meeting at 1:00 PM Building 8 - Room 300
Contributing to a House of Delegates Discussion
In the hopes of an efficient and productive meeting!
Once the previous speaker has finished and you have been acknowledged by the General Chairman…
Stand up, introduce yourself, and state the name of the swim club you are representing.
Speak clearly and concisely.
Stay on subject and avoid personal attacks.
State your motion or idea affirmatively:
“I feel that we should…,” rather than “I feel that we should not…”.
Be certain that you have a thorough understanding of the topic at hand before speaking, in order to avoid erroneous discussion!
Reading, correction and adoption of previous minutes: Fall 2016 HOD draft minutes Agenda is available here to view any attachments
Reports of officers
Age Group Vice-Chairman: Report
Senior Group Vice-Chairman:
Coach Representative Report: Meet Hierarchy
Athlete Representatives Report:
Treasurer's Report: Report (will also be distributed at the meeting)
Niagara LSC Records:
Reports of committees and coordinators
Open Water: Open Water Wetsuit Q&A
Legislation / By-Laws:
National Times Verification: Report
Approval of Meet Calendar:
2017-2018 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Calendar for HOD Approval - updated 5/2
2017-2018 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Announcement
Presentation by GCOM for Niagara Regional Qualifier (Bronze) in Rochester
Presentation by VICT for Niagara Regional Qualifier (Bronze) in Rochester
Presentation by FAST for Niagara Jr/Sr PowerPoint (click for information pertaining to their presentation)
Presentation by SYCH for Niagara Jr/Sr PowerPoint
Presentation by BAAC for Niagara Championships (click for information pertaining to their presentation)
Presentation by FAST for Niagara Championships (click for information pertaining to their presentation)
Proposal for By-Laws Amendment
Amendments required for hiring a staff member (Proposed by Eric Stimson. Added on 4/12. Will require 2/3 vote)
- Bio for Jim Stromski
Senior Group Vice Chair
- Kim Corby
- Eric Stimson
Junior Coaches’ Representative
- Seth Williams
Junior Athlete Representative
- Sarah Gartner
Finance Vice Chair
Resolutions and orders
Presentation of Awards
- Age Group Athlete of the Year - Female
- Age Group Athlete of the Year - Male
- Senior Athlete of the Year - Female
- Senior Athlete of the Year - Male
- Age Group Coach of the Year
- Senior Coach of the Year