Spring House of Delegates Meeting
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Monroe Community College, Rochester
Driving Directions - Campus Map
Officials Meeting - 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM Building 8 - Room 200
- Year in review, Officials Budget, hot topics, and general discussion about swimming and officiating.
Stroke and Turn Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 8 - Room 200
- For new and re-certifying Stroke and Turn Judges.
Referee/Starter Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 9 - Room 244
- For new and re-certifying Starters and Referees.
Administrative Official Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Building 9 - Room 246
- For new and re-certifying Administrative Officials. It is highly recommended that those certified as Referees attend an Admin Officials Clinic, mainly to become familiar with how time resolution is handled via Meet Manager.
Meet Directors Workshop - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Building 8 - Room 300
- Meet Director's Handbook:
- Meet Director's Workshop Package: [2014 version]
- Meet Director's Workshop Slides: [2014 version]
- Spring 2014 Attendance:
- Meet Director's Test: [2014 test]
- Registration, Event Age and Relay Exception Reports: "how-to"
Coaches Meeting and Election - 10:30 - 12:00 Building 8 - Room 100
- Junior Coach Representative election - During the meeting the Junior Coach Representative will be determined by majority vote of coaches in good standing present and voting. A valid coach's membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Athletes Meeting - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Building 8 - Room 200
HOD Registration beginning at 12:30 - A valid athlete membership card or non-athlete membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Spring House of Delegates Meeting at 1:00 PM Building 8 - Room 300
Contributing to a House of Delegates Discussion
In the hopes of an efficient and productive meeting!
Once the previous speaker has finished and you have been acknowledged by the General Chairman…
Stand up, introduce yourself, and state the name of the swim club you are representing.
Speak clearly and concisely.
Stay on subject and avoid personal attacks.
State your motion or idea affirmatively:
“I feel that we should…,” rather than “I feel that we should not…”.
Be certain that you have a thorough understanding of the topic at hand before speaking, in order to avoid erroneous discussion!
Reading, correction and adoption of previous minutes: Fall 2014 HOD draft minutes
Reports of officers
Age Group Vice-Chairman:
Senior Group Vice-Chairman:
Coach Representative Report: Senior Coach
Athlete Representatives Report:
Safe Sport: 2015 Safe Sport Leadership Conference Report
March 2nd HOD Report
USA Swimming 2015 1st Quarter Accident Charts
USA Swimming 1st Quarter 2015 Accident Summary by LSC
USA Swimming 2014 Year End Accident Charts
Treasurer's Report: to be distributed at the meeting
Niagara LSC Records:
Reports of committees and coordinators
Legislation / By-Laws:
Scholarship: Current Application and Instructions Available Here
National Times Verification:
Approval of Meet Calendar:
2015-2016 Proposed Bid-Calendar for HOD Approval
2015-2016 Bid-Calendar Information
Proposal for Addition to Policies and Procedures
Proposal - Amy Foster (GOST):
H. Qualifying time standards for the Niagara (short course) Championship Qualifier and Championship meets must be updated with any changes and posted to the Niagara website no later than August 31 preceding the Championship meets.
Qualifying times standards for the Niagara (long course) Championship meet must be updated with any changes and posted to the Niagara website no later than March 31st preceding the meet.
Proposal - Eric Stimson (UNAT):
202.2 The following procedures shall apply with respect to the application for a sanction in Niagara LSC:
C. Once the calendar for any season has been established by the House of Delegates, sanctions may be issued only for open dates during that season, and only by action of the Executive Committee, Administrative Vice Chairman or Meet Sanction Coordinator.
Niagara Elections - Announcement with job details
- General Chair
- Senior Group Vice Chair
- Junior Coaches’ Representative
- Junior Athlete Representative
- Finance Vice Chair
- Technical Planning (1 year term through 8/31/2016)
- Co-Chairs Will Chidsey and Ryan Callan
Resolutions and orders
Proposal to amend the USA Swimming Rules & Regulations Article 203 (Jim Bowen)