The East Aurora Swim Team (EAST) is currently accepting applications for the position of assistant coach. This position will include coaching 3-5 nights per week, Monday-Friday, for 2-3 hours per day (5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.).
EAST is looking for applicants who:
- have a competitive swimming background (college preferred)
- have experience instructing/coaching swimming
- are enthusiastic and knowledgeable
- are able to communicate effectively with parents
- have current Lifeguard/CPR/AED training
- Coaching swimmers aged 5-18
- Attending staff meetings and other events
- Assisting in writing practices
- Keeping accurate records of practices and attendance
- Communicating with fellow coaches, board members, and parents
Successful candidates will need to become a USA Swimming Coach (if not already), pass a background check, and complete safety training as required by USA Swimming.
EAST is operated through the Town of Aurora and is part of the Niagara Swimming LSC. We practice out of three pools yearly in East Aurora.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a letter of reference to Chris Musshafen at email@example.com
The Baldwinsville Sharks Swim Club, Inc. (BSSC) is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Age Group Coach. BSSC is looking for individuals who are energetic, knowledgeable, ethical, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. You must be able to work as part of a coaching team. Position would start in March-April 2016 and is a yearly renewable contract. Weekly time commitment is very flexible from 10 hours (April – August) with Monday-Friday practices in the evenings, and then extending to some weekend hours as needed with the Fall 2016 schedule for SCY Meets. Additional hours may be available if desired candidate is willing to work additional schedules.
Responsibilities for the candidate include:
· Assist Head Coach with writing work out plans for Age Group Team
· Conducting dryland workouts
· Attend weekend swim meets with the team as needed to supervise and provide feedback to swimmers in attendance
· Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by the Head Coach
· Keep accurate records for groups including attendance and communications
· Communicate with parents and other staff members in a timely manner
· Attending meets as scheduled, 1-2 per month
· USA Swimming Registered Coach – or be in the process of completing (including safety training, background screening and Foundations of Coaching 101 as required by USA Swimming.)
· ASCA Level 2 or Higher preferred
· Prior coaching experience preferred, but will consider current college level students with a proven background in swimming that meet or can qualify for the current USA Swimming Certifications
BSSC is part of Niagara Swimming LSC. Compensation commensurate with experience. Company paid expenses includes meet travel, daily food per diem and other benefits. Certifications and continuing education costs are covered by the club. While this is a part-time position, potential exists for additional income sources.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and 2 letters of reference to:
c/o BSSC, Inc.
8853 Hawks Watch
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
Florida Swimming, Inc.
Member of USA Swimming
214 E. Washington St, Suite B, Minneola, FL 34715
352-242-5145 (O) 352-242-5245 (F) firstname.lastname@example.org (E)
Florida Swimming, Inc. is searching for a motivated, organized person to work at our Florida Swimming office in Minneola, Florida. Florida Swimming, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Candidate must make itself available for in-person interviews at Florida Swimming cost.
This person will tend to a wide range of Florida Swimming programs. The successful candidate will work with Florida Swimming Executive Director to further enhance and develop new programs. Knowledge of and experience with non-profit management are important. Proficiency in word processing, Quick Books and web-site maintenance are required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicate effectively and regularly with Florida swimming members, management and committee’s via voice mail and email.
2. Promoting Florida Swimming, Inc. and its goals to the swimming community.
3. Communicating to Florida Swimming Inc., through the Executive Director, any ideas, problems or concerns about Florida Swimming, Inc. and it’s member clubs.
4. Attending and supporting all swim meets and association functions as deemed by the Executive Director.
5. Bookkeeping and Accounts Management.
1. Self-starter with high energy and enthusiasm about the sport of swimming
2. High Ethical standards
3. Should have some background in swimming, but not required, or some type of sport associations.
4. Good organizational skills and ability to work well with others
5. Strong customer service skills
6. Knowledge of Hy-Tek and Team Unify helpful but not required
7. Working knowledge of the sport of swimming and how Florida Swimming and USA-S function together.
8. Background Check
9. Previous experience in a customer-service position would be beneficial.
10. Strong computer skills
11. Some Marketing/Advertising skills would be helpful but not required
12. Proficiency in Word Processing, Quick Books and Web-site maintenance.
Salary - $ 35,000 - $ 40,000 depending on experience
Benefits – Medical – eligible after probationary period ( 90 days )
Retirement - up to 3% per year of salary beginning with year 2
Applicant with these skills may send a resume along with three business/character references to:
Florida Swimming, Inc.
C/o Helen Kelly - Florida Swimming, Inc., Executive Director
214 E. Washington St., Ste B
Minneola, Fl. 34715
***** DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JANUARY 31, 2016