The Sea Dragons Swim Club is currently seeking an Assistant Coach to work within our program. This position will consist of coaching 2-3 times per week, Monday—Friday with deck time ranging from 2 hour to 3 hours per day. The Assistant Coach will also have the opportunity coach at weekend meets, which is usually 1-2 times per month as needed.
The Sea Dragons practice at the Penfield High School and at the East Rochester High School located near Rochester NY.
Successful candidates will need to be a coach member of USA Swimming and must satisfactorily complete safety training, background screening and Foundations of Coaching 101 as required by USA Swimming. Previous coaching experience is preferred. Wages are hourly. Certification and travel expenses provided.
The position begins the 2nd week of September and will remain open until the appropriate candidate is found.
Please send a resume and names of two references via e-mail to Club President Kristina Lantzky-Eaton at email@example.com.
Swim Ithaca, a USA Swimming program located in Ithaca, NY is looking for a part-time coach for the 2015-2016 season (September thru early April).
Duties include running practices for groups of varying ages (6-18) and abilities as well as coaching weekend meets. Applicants must be (or become) a registered USA Swimming Coach and pass a background check. Applicants must be available for evening practices (6-8 pm weekdays) and weekend meets.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in more information
The Hilton Area Swim Team (HAST), www.hiltonswimteam.com, is a year-round competitive swimming organization based in Hilton, NY. HAST is a Level 2 USA Swimming club with a 25-year history of competitive success. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and enthusiastic assistant coach. This is a part-time position that will have primary responsibility for coaching swimmers that are 12 years old and younger with less than 2-3 years of competitive swimming experience. Candidate must have the ability to develop proper swim technique for each stroke and work with swimmers in a variety of age groups when required.
The candidate must be available to attend 3-5 daily practices M-F from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at our training pool in Hilton, NY. Availability on weekends is required to support one to two swim meets per month, primarily in the Greater Rochester area. Candidates must have prior competitive swim coaching experience and will be required to obtain certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches as well as pass a background check. Candidates with current USA Swimming registration are preferred. Interested parties should email their resume, and references with a cover letter that explains your coaching philosophy to email@example.com.
Buffalo NY: Velocity Aquatics, www.VelocityAquatics.com, is seeking full and part-time swim club coaches for our USA Swim Club who are also willing to serve as swimming instructors for our swim school, Michael Phelps Swim School-NY, www.MPSSny.com. Instructor only positions are also available.
Both hourly and salaried positions are available with a pay range anywhere from $10.50 per hour to $30,000 per year based on your experience, availability and goals.
Successful candidates will need to be a coach member of USA Swimming and must satisfactorily complete safety training, background screening and Foundations of Coaching 101 as required by USA Swimming.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to Flynn Burroughs, Burroughs@MPSSny.com.
Head Masters Coach, Part Time Age Group Coach and Lesson Administrator
Syracuse Chargers Swim Team (SYCH)
Listed July 31, 2015
The Syracuse Chargers Swim Team (SYCH) is currently accepting applications for Head Masters Coach, Part Time Age Group Coach and Lesson Administrator position. SYCH is looking for individuals who are energetic, knowledgeable, ethical, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. You must be able to work as part of a coaching team. Position would start on September 1, 2015 and is a yearly renewable contract. Weekly time commitment is about 20 hours with Monday-Friday practices in the evenings.
Responsibilities for the candidate include:
- Writing and coaching practices for our Masters group
- Coach Age Group Team
- Conducting dryland workouts
- Attending meets as scheduled, 1-2 per month
- Coordinate and instruct swim lesson program
- Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by the Head Coach
- Keep accurate records for groups including attendance and communications
- Communicate with parents and other staff members in a timely manner
- USA Swimming Registered Coach – or be in the process of completing (including safety training, background screening and Foundations of Coaching 101 as required by USA Swimming.)
- ASCA Level 2 or Higher preferred
- 2 years of coaching experience preferred
SYCH is a Level 2 Program in USA Swimming’s Club Recognition Program. SYCH is part of Niagara Swimming LSC and Niagara District for Masters. The team is a coached owned S corporation. Salary depends on experience and responsibilities. Company paid expenses includes meet travel, daily food per diem and other benefits. Certifications and continuing education costs are covered by the club. While this is a part-time position, potential exits for additional income sources.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and 2 letters of reference to:
PO Box 54
DeWitt, NY 13214
Nickel City Race Club
Age Group Assistant Head Coach
Listed July, 2015
We are seeking an experienced age group - assistant head coach to work with our developmental age group (7-12 yrs old) and our advanced 10 – 13 age group swimmers. Some work running practices with the performance group levels 12-18 years old is required. For more information about the club please visit: www.NickelCityRaceClub.com
Nickel City Race Club is a comprehensive learn to swim & age group (6-22 years old) year round competitive USA Swimming club program with over 130 swimmers.
Nickel City Race Club is one of the fastest growing swim clubs in the Niagara LSC (Upstate New York). NCRC is located in the Buffalo, NY region and surrounding “south-town” suburbs. The team practices out of facilities located in:
- Town of Hamburg at Frontier Central High and Middle Schools.
- Town of Eden at Eden High School.
- Town of Evans at Lakeshore High School.
- Caz. Pool in South Buffalo (50 Meters).
Nickel City Race Club is currently serving families in South Buffalo, Lackawanna, West Seneca, Elma, East Aurora Orchard Park, Boston, Eden, North Collins, Hamburg, Derby and Evans.
Nickel City currently employs 5 coaches who utilize a unique blend of instruction, technique, skill development and age appropriate conditioning developed and used in USA Swimming’s most successful competitive swim programs. We are excited to be adding new technology to our instruction this coming season. Stay tuned!
Nickel City is also is the region’s only licensed Swim America Learn to Swim Program, The Nation’s Leading Learn to Swim Program.
After recently combining with the Eden Dolphins Swim Club, Nickel City will now roster over 140 swimmers, some with cut times for US Eastern Zone competition and other major regional USA Swim meets.
Applicants should have a minimum of 5-7 years of competitive swimming experience and:
- Complete understanding and thorough knowledge of all strokes and stroke techniques.
- Experience with “club swimming”; 2-3 years of coaching experience.
- Candidates should have current CPR, Life Guarding, and all USA Swimming background & Safety checks.
- Preferably possess an “ASCA” Certification level, or the desire to pursue them within the American Swim Coaches Association & USA Swimming.
- While effectively serving all levels of swimming ability, our program is committed to competing at the highest competitive levels of USA Swimming.
- Passion & energy! We want your competitive passion!
Other desired skills & attributes:
- Experience & ability to work with Team Unify or Hy-Tek meet entry software; complete meet entries and team planning tasks that revolve around operating a swim club are desired.
- Collegiate swimming background.
- A mentality of continuous learning; a constant exploration of the best ways to teach and train athletes in the sport of swimming.
- Experience with deck pass & Team Unify’s On Deck.
- Must be dependable, reliable and have USA Swimming coach references.
Responsibilities include 4-5 days a week Mondays - Thursdays and Saturdays (in addition to attending various meets). The assistant coach must work closely with the head coach & will also be responsible for workout design, individual goal setting, and motivation and training for the groups he (or she) works with.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and coaching qualifications. For additional information, contact Greg Herzog @ 716- 536 -1326 or visit website at www.NickelCityRaceClub.com
Please email your resume to coach Greg Herzog at: GregH@w2eInc.com
The Clarence Swim Club is currently seeking a Program Director for the Clarence Learn to Swim Program. The Clarence Learn to Swim Program is a year round lessons program for beginner and intermediate level swimmers, preparing children for competitive swimming at the Club Level. Additionally, CLTS offers an adaptive swim program in which swimmers with disabilities may learn basic stroke technique in a 1:1 setting and prepare to compete in Special Olympics. CLTS completes over 1,200 registrations per year.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have 5 or more years of coaching experience, preferably with head coach or head age group coach experience. The candidate must possess current USA Swimming coach certifications, 4 year college degree, and pass background screenings prior to employment. Proficiency in Team Unify is preferred. Experience in supervising staff and directing team activities, including helping plan club events, is preferred.
1. In-water, hands on, instruction of swimmers from the most beginners to intermediate levels, preparing swimmers to compete at the club level.
2. Ability to develop and manage learn to swim program
3. Effective communication skills with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, Board of Directors;
4. Supervision and education of part-time instructors
5. Ability to manage team website and coordinate online registrations through Team Unify Website.
Salary: Compensation is based on experience
How to Apply: Please contact Tom Steuer firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-597-4495