Marlins Swimming, Inc.
This position requires a motivated, enthusiastic coach with experience and knowledge in competitive swimming. Candidates should exhibit the necessary professionalism and maturity to communicate with swimmers of all abilities, their parents, and the club's coaches. Candidate will be contracted by Marlins Swimming and will be responsible for promoting the overall success of the club. Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Provide leadership for the team and coaches by overseeing and coordinating stroke and training principles throughout all levels
- Oversee and design work out plans for all levels
- Responsible for coach scheduling, supervision, evaluations, and hiring (in conjunction with President)
- Stay up to date on the current trends and techniques by attending coach clinics, on-line training, articles, etc.
- Incorporate new and innovative technologies into training program
- Serve as the primary on-deck coach for senior-level training group
- Develop individual and team goals for each season and maintain momentum and visibility of those goals throughout the entire season. Ensure coaches conduct quarterly goal check-ins with Level 4 and up
- Establish and maintain relationships amongst the Niagara LSC and attend HOD Meetings
- Develop season meet schedule in conjunction with coaching staff for both SCY and LCM
- Post practice schedules, meet schedule, and meet results on team website
- Attend majority of meets and responsible for meet entries
- Coordinate Learn to Swim, Team Prep Camp, and Splash weeks
- Keep Race Certification book up to date
- Work with Registrar to maintain coaches’ certification and USA Swimming memberships
- Communicate with families regarding swim/team events as well as respond to email inquiries from parents
- Participate in bi-monthly meetings with the President, attend board meetings, provide monthly coaches report and work with board to develop annual budget
- Assist the board to develop plans and strategies to grow participation and retention for all levels.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a positive, professional, cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, staff, and board
- Provide an environment of team unity and swimmer support of each other
- Identify swimmers individual strengths and weaknesses and integrate into their training
- Have proficiency with swimming software such as HyTek and TeamUnify
- Have strong organizational and communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing
- Strong background in competitive swimming
- Previous Head Coach experience
- ASCA level 3 or higher a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of USA Swimming rules and regulations
Email resume to email@example.com
Marlins Swim Club is comprised of swimmers in the Rochester area. We are a year round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. We are a non-profit club, run by an elected Board of Directors. Visit us at www.teammarlins.com.
Hammerheads Swim Club, Fredonia, NY
Head Coach Wanted
The Hammerheads Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach for our USA Swimming program. Hammerheads offers competitive swimming from the beginner level to our more advanced level swimmers at the Steele Hall Natatorium on the SUNY Fredonia campus..
Our programs runs from September to March, 5 nights a week, from 6-8 PM, as well as weekend swim meets.
This position requires a motivated, positive, experienced coach with knowledge of competitive swimming. Candidates should exhibit the necessary professionalism and communication skills needed to work with swimmers of all abilities, their parents, the club's assistant coaches and board. The position is hourly and compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive swimmer development through design of practice plans and individual coach/swimmer interaction.
- Enhances member experience by maintaining positive relationships with participants.
- Management and supervision of assistant coaches and swimmers at practices and meets.
- USA Swimming coach certification (or willingness to obtain it).
- CPR and First Aid, Red Cross Lifeguarding, and Safety Training for Coaches
- Background in competitive swimming.
- College Degree or working towards one.
- Knowledge of Niagara and USA Swimming rules and Regulations
Email resume or inquiries to Marieanne Fabiano, Board President at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach Newark Wahoos Swim Club
Newark Wahoos Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach for our USA Swimming program that offers competitive swimming from the beginner level to our more advanced level swimmers at our facility in the Newark High School. The current program is scheduled from September to June, but would like to grow to also provide a summer program.
The Swim Club runs three days per week for approximately an hour and a half each day along with swim meets on weekends. We are looking for a Head Coach that is mature, professional, structured, organized and is enthusiastic to motivate our swimmers to achieve their goals.
- Implements the Newark Wahoos swim program by supervising coaching staff, developing and maintaining positive relationships with swimmers and parents, developing the season training plan, meet administration, and collaborating with the Swim Club’s Board of Directors
- Responsible for managing daily sets and workouts along with setting up and cleaning up the pool before and after practices
- Maintains a commitment to the operation of a safe aquatic environment, a positive atmosphere with regards to sportsmanship, goal setting, and a positive learning environment
- Keep current on all swimming techniques and training methods to include attending any additional training/certification as needed
- Organize and schedule all meet events and attend all swim meets and team functions throughout the year
- Effective communication skills with swimmers, coaching staff, parents, and Board of Directors
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification or the ability to become certified within two (2) months of hire
- Possession of certification in CPR and First Aid, American Red Cross Lifeguarding, and Safety Training for Coaches required within two (2) months of hire
- Strong background in competitive swimming
- Proficient in Meet Manager, Hy-Tek, and TeamUnify
- Must be able to teach all competitive strokes, rules and regulations to swimmers
Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
To Apply: email resume to Michele Wilck at email@example.com
Head Swim Coach Wanted
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club (BAAC) is looking for a fun, enthusiastic Head Coach who will lead our team to greatness! BAAC’s swimmers cover a range of skill levels from novice to Futures Championships qualifiers, and they need a head coach who can inspire every swimmer to do their best. Our goal is to have every swimmer leave practice wanting to come back tomorrow and end the season eager for the next to start! True excellence requires a love of the sport, and we expect our coach to make the challenge enjoyable. We want the assistant coaches to grow professionally under the Head Coach’s leadership. You will be coaching in our home pool at The University at Buffalo’s Alumni Arena, an NCAA Division I university and home to the UB Women’s Swimming and Diving team. Long-course time is built into the training schedule, and the facility itself is first-rate.
- Serve as the primary, on-deck coach of senior-level training groups
- Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels
- Oversee group placement and advancement of athletes
- Leadership and accountability for all swimmers in the club from novice to seniors.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the team including:
- Meet selection, planning, and registration
- Coordination of hosted meets
- Practice scheduling for all training groups
- Maintenance of all team statistics
- Promotion of the team locally and within the Niagara LSC
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors to:
- Develop and administer the team budget
- Create and execute a shared vision for the BAAC’s growth and success
- Establish a local presence and positive reputation within the Niagara LSC
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents
Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A love and passion for the sport of swimming and a desire to share that with all of the swimmers on the team
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively with the swimmers, their families and the Board of Directors
- A clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
- Strong organizational skills and the attention to detail necessary to be an effective administrator of a USA Swimming Swim Club
- The ability to work with swimmers and coaches across multiple training groups
- A desire to build team values across all age groups and learning what motivates swimmers on an individual basis
- A willingness to mentor and advocate for swimmers who have an interest in competing at the collegiate level
- Proficiency with swimming software such as HyTek and TeamUnify
- Experience as a Meet Director
- This is a year-round, full-time salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. Education, certification and meet travel expenses are reimbursed.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with a clear background check. Certification in American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, and Coaches’ Safety Training
- Experience as a coach at a high-performing swim club and/or collegiate level
- Solid knowledge of stroke theory and physiology
- Proven capability to develop talent at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
ABOUT BUFFALO AREA AQUATIC CLUB
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club is a year-round USA Swimming club of 70 swimmers who won the 2018 Niagara LSC short course championship (small teams) and has consistently placed in the top 3 for both short- and long-course seasons. Multiple age group and senior swimmers have represented the team at Age Group Zones, Speedo Sectionals, Futures Championships and Arena Pro Series competitions. BAAC holds Recognition Level 2 as a Board-governed team and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Buffalo is a city on the rise boasting a new waterfront and great restaurants and is among the most affordable cities in the U.S. You’ll almost never commute for more than 30 minutes, and proximity to Toronto puts a major metropolis in easy driving distance.
All inquiries are confidential. BAAC will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Email resume or inquiry to Dave Borden, Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Velocity Aquatics is seeking one fun and energetic assistant swim coach to join its staff and be a part of Buffalo’s fastest growing competitive swim club. We offer a year-round USA Swimming program for swimmers ages 7-22 and are seeking an Assistant Coach to work with the Age Group Program. The team practices out of the Sweet Home high school and Sweet Home middle school.
We currently have swimmers from the beginning level to those that have made the Olympic Trials in 2016. We are a team which is focused on teaching the best stroke mechanics as well as trying to get our swimmers to reach the highest level of swimming they want to achieve.
The position will cover approximately 12-16 hours per week working on deck with the Velocity Aquatics Age Group program. Hours for this position will be weekday evenings as well as weekends. The position will have additional hours required at weekend swim meets.
This position requires a motivated and enthusiastic coach with experience and knowledge in competitive swimming. Candidates should exhibit the necessary professionalism and maturity to communicate with swimmers of all abilities, their parents, and the club's head and assistant coaches. The position is hourly and compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Current USA Swimming credentials or the ability to become certified within six weeks of hire.
- Current Coaches Safety Training, CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Strong background in competitive swimming
- Completion of high school
- Previous coaching or teaching experience is preferred.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of basic Niagara and USA Swimming rules and regulations
- Assist swim practices and attend swim meets in a coordinated effort with the Head Coach.
- Primarily work with our Age Group program.
- Work with all Velocity coaches
- Inspire and challenge each swimmer to achieve his or her goals and develop positive self-esteem.
- Display professional behavior at all times when representing Velocity Aquatics at practices, meets, and other club events.
If interested in the position or for additional information, contact Head Coach Rick Aronberg at 716-777-0119 or email@example.com.
Town Wreckers Swim Team (TWST) in Orchard Park is looking for an Assistant Swim Coach for all levels. TWST began in 1969 and has become one of the best teams in the Niagara LSC. The team practices at Orchard Park and West Seneca West High Schools in the evenings Monday thru Thursday. Orchard Park H.S. Friday & Saturday. Summer practices run early morning, Monday-Friday.
Coaching experience is preferred, but consideration will be granted to individuals with competitive swimming backgrounds. The position will have between 10-18 hours of coaching per week working with a variety of groups and development levels. We have the flexibility to work with your personal schedule beginning in April and/or September. This is an opportunity to coach with an experienced staff and have fun!
USA Swimming registration is not required to apply but will need to be obtained along with certifications in CPR, First Aid and a successful background check. Pay is based on Coaching credentials and experience. All inquiries are confidential.
E-mail resume or inquiry to Coach Becky Sapio at firstname.lastname@example.org.